Well, the day has finally come! I get to show you my Command Central all completed! After 5 months of ideas, planning, procrastinating, and putting together, I finished. I’m so happy and I’m so pleased with the results.
Come with me while we take a more detailed look.
I didn’t want to keep you waiting even longer, so next week, I will show you last part of how I put this together as well as give you a printable for the menu planning portion.
Let’s go even further back for today’s tour though.
I started with an idea of a command central I had seen but it was too costly to put together. I needed to find a different way to make mine. Of course, I completely changed my original idea. I decided working with canvas would work to be able to get something that would come out to be the same larger size, but could have some smaller pieces as well. Then it was just a matter of coming up with the ideas for each section, finding materials, and putting it all together, with a healthy dose of procrastination thrown in. Without all of you and this blog, it still wouldn’t be done, so thanks for coming back week after week. It motivated me to get this done.
The first section I completed was the Kid’s Command Central.
I needed this section first because Mr. T and I really needed to become better at our follow through with the kids.
The boards themselves were made from pre-cut magnetic pieces of metal we found at Home Depot for a great price. They were in the perfect size! Magnetic Chore Boards
I made these cute boxes from a Jiffy Cornbread box and added magnets to the back. They are to hold the girls tickets (which can be turned in for TV or electronic time) and dry erase crayons. Paper Covered Boxes
We were implementing some new ideas or plans for parenting with the kids. Kids Command Central: Parenting Battle-plan
Next up, I finished the adult portion of our Command Central. Adult Command Central
I made these by covering the canvas with fabric. I also did this for the Calendar and Menu Planning portion. Fabric Covered Artist Canvas
Then it was time to put the Calendar and Menu Planning section together. The last part was the part I had avoided for quite a while. That was the Menu planning section. This past week, I finally put on my big girl panties and got it done.
Voila! It all came together! I can’t believe I finally finished it. It turned out really nicely and it has decluttered my refrigerator and made it easier for me to keep organized and that means I am slightly more sane.
There you have it! My before of the cluttered fridge with stuff everywhere and the after all neatly organized and helping me keep on track.
Next week, I will have the last post in my Command Central series. I will show you how I put the menu planning board together and give you a printable should you want to make something like this for yourself.
Read more posts in my Command Central Series: