Today, I have a great post for you from Cheryl over at Mom’s and Munchkins. She agreed to do a guest post here at The Real Thing with the Coake Family. Thanks, Cheryl! Cheryl has some fantastic ideas for family fun with games for Legos! I can’t wait to try these with my girls who are total Lego lovers!
With all of the fun shapes and colors, there are so many fun ways to play with LEGO.
Here I’ll share some ideas to try during your next family fun night.
1) Tallest Tower: Split into 2 teams, set a clock for 5 minutes and have a race to build the tallest tower. In order to be named the champion of this challenge, your tower must stand all by itself (no hands or furniture to prop it up).
2) Fastest Race Car: Have some fun creating vehicles with your LEGO pieces and then have a race across the kitchen floor. Steamer crepe paper makes an excellent finish line for your cars to burst through.
3) Matching Colors: For this challenge, you’ll want to set a timer for around 2 minutes. Each player selects and color and then races to build the tallest structure using only pieces in that color.
4) Longest Train: Now that you’ve built the tallest structure, how about the longest? Using two wheel pieces on either end, see how long you can build a vehicle without the pieces drooping or breaking in the middle.
5) Spelling Challenge: Split your group into 2 teams and choose a simple word to spell (let’s say, Cat). By attaching LEGO pieces together, be the first team to create a C, A, and T to spell out CAT.
6) Bridge Challenge: Working together as a team, build a LEGO bridge strong enough to hold a bottle of water.
What is the coolest creation you’ve ever made with LEGO pieces?
Cheryl is a married mother with one adorable toddler. She is a certified Project Management Professional with a strong interest in parties and event planning. Moms & Munchkins is filled with ideas for family fun, activities for kids, moms’ night out ideas, party ideas, holiday fun and more. Want to see more of what Moms & Munchkins has to offer? Check out this free printables game page (https://www.momsandmunchkins.
Don’t you just love her ideas? I know my girls and I will have fun trying them out. Thanks so much for sharing your great ideas with us, Cheryl! I love her site! She has the most creative ideas for family fun, parties and so much more. I am always amazed at her ideas. Head on over and take a look. I’m sure you will come away with at least a few fun, creative ideas.